cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can watch a film but not freeview

Mydogn1bbles
Joining in

I think I've just stupidly taken out virgin tv I've installed everything correctly and I can watch a film say maverick but I keep getting error cs2004 when I try and watch either freeview or say alibi 

Got an engineer booked but I don't think it's anything at my end

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mydogn1bbles 

Have you checked all of your connections, especially the white coaxial cable as per /virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2004 ?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mydogn1bbles 

Have you checked all of your connections, especially the white coaxial cable as per /virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2004 ?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

That wire won't reach my box I have my roof aerial in the box and the box connected to the router via wi-fi 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Mydogn1bbles 

The 360 box needs to be connected to a white VM coaxial cable in order to receive live TV. 

Without the coaxial connection all you will be able to receive is On Demand, Catch Up services, and stream programs via the inbuilt apps.

The engineer will install the coaxial cabling for you.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Sussed it I need a 10m old school lead pre HDMI 

A million thanks

@Mydogn1bbles wrote:

That wire won't reach my box I have my roof aerial in the box and the box connected to the router via wi-fi 

I gather you’ve now sorted it - but to be clear you don’t connect an aerial to the Virgin box - the signal comes from the Virgin street cables/cabinet/network. If it doesn’t reach move the box closer or wait for a VM technician to lengthen their cable

you might want to connect the aerial directly to  your television so you can get Freeview on that as an alternative to the Virgin feed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!