cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 distance to 360 box issue

planecrazy
Dialled in

As per the title, this is not an unusual problem but I need some confirmation of my next move.  To cut a long story short I had a call from Virgin sales and they made me an offer which was less than what I would have paid next month when my current 18 month contract expires.  This involved a doubling of speed and the inclusion of a 360 box, which to me was something new.  I mentioned that the Hub 3 was in a different room to the TV and the sales woman (can you still say that now?) said she would include a long cable.  Today Yodel delivered and I had a look through the goodies.  In the box was a 15 metre isolator cable which was supposed to go from the wall box to the Hub 3.  All very nicely made and heat shrinked but completely useless as my present cable is less that 1/2 metre long as the Hub sits right next to the wall box.  Also included was a splitter with 1 metre long cables that I can probably lose behind a kitchen cupboard.  Now here’s the problem, I need a cable run of around 18 metres to follow the skirting boards and around a couple of door frames to reach the position where the 360 box is going to live.  In an ideal world I could order a RG6 extension cable and go from there, which would be very useful as I could then run an RG45 cable alongside it in mini trunking in case the WiFi from the 360 box doesn’t work as well as it could.  But I’m told doing this is a hanging offence and could cause a change in levels or interference which may affect other subscribers from the cabinet.  Are we looking at a £99 call out for a tech when the installation is not complete with the virgin 360 still sitting in it’s box to resolve this issue?

Regards Tony

14 REPLIES 14

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @planecrazy

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear you have faced this issues with your new box and a big thank you to our excellent community for their advise! 

Have you been able to contact us in regards to this install or are you still in need of assistance? 

Thank you. 

Hi Ashleigh_C 

I've not got back to anyone at the moment, is it easier for you to arrange a Tech visit rather than me explain the whole scenario over again to someone that has no previous information as to the problem.  If not I'll ring them and see if I get someone who is not reading from a script.

Regards Tony

Hi @planecrazy

Thanks for coming back to us. Apologies for the delayed reply. I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and got a visit arranged.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS

Tech guy arrived this morning, just laid cable around walls as I wanted to box in mini trunking when my ethernet cable arrived myself and put both in the same place.  Very professional guy and set up everything for me.  Also gave me a good demonstration of the capabilities of the 360 box system and this was actually my first visit  since the installation many years ago.  I only got a Hub 3 18 months ago when the old Super Hub 1 gave up the ghost.  Very impressed with the service I received, also from the help desk as my particular problem wasn't really very straight forward but was handled satisfactory and a call was booked.  

Hi planecrazy

Thanks for coming back to us. I am glad all sorted and thanks for the feedback 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill