cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to watch Virgin TV in another room

andrewuk1990
Joining in

We have recently had a virgin 360 box installed in our living room under the TV. 

We used to have BT sport app but as we got BT sport with our virgin subscription we dropped our old BT sport account. I didn't realise we don't get access to the BT sport app when getting BT sport via virgin. We have a projector in another room and I would like to watch bt sport (including bt sport ultimate channel) on this. I'm not bothered about watching different channels at the same time.

Is there a simple way I can do this (or watch Virgin channels on the projector without physically installing coax ports and moving the box) I don't want to run coax cables about but we do have ethernet ports and WiFi throughout the house so streaming would work if there's a way to do that?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have 3 options..

1: Have a multiroom subscription allowing for a second TV360-mini box in your second location - this will need coax cables but be fully functional.

2: Run some kind of HDMI extender, to output your existing TV360 box onto a second TV.

3: Use the TV Go app to view your subscribed channels on a mobile device or desktop - but you'll likely have issues with projecting this onto a TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have 3 options..

1: Have a multiroom subscription allowing for a second TV360-mini box in your second location - this will need coax cables but be fully functional.

2: Run some kind of HDMI extender, to output your existing TV360 box onto a second TV.

3: Use the TV Go app to view your subscribed channels on a mobile device or desktop - but you'll likely have issues with projecting this onto a TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @andrewuk1990 

You can watch most channels, including BT Sports (but not the UHD channel)  using the TVGO app.

There is no longer a Windows Store TVGO app, however Windows devices can use the website, and install the web app that is offered when visiting the website. 

Go to the following page, scroll down and click on the "Visit TV GO online" icon which will take you to the webpage to register and install the web app.

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/broadband/go-control 

You should then be able connect your laptop/computer to your TV/projector via HDMI cable and watch on that device.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could use a long HDMI cable or an HDMI sender that will send the output of the box through an Ethernet cable to a converter in another room. What you cannot do is send the TV signal directly over your home network.

Example:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extender-Padwa-Lifestyle-Ethernet-Transmitter-black/dp/B09J2PV7HH/ref=sxin_... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993