cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download recordings to iPad

james1988davies
Joining in

I’m a new Virgin customer who has previously used Sky.  I’m struggling to figure out how to download recordings to my iPad so I can watch them when I’m out the house.  The Virgin TV Go app lets me watch certain recordings on my iPad when I’m on the same WiFi network, but I can’t find where to download them.

I have googled it and it tells me to download the TV Anywhere app - does this app even exist anymore? It’s not in the App Store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am I just being stupid?

5 REPLIES 5

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless anything has changed recently, TV 360 can’t download recording from Saved, although this was possible with the TiVo-based V6 box.

The only download function for TV 360 is for Boxsets and is available through the Virgin TV Go app.

You may find some of your recorded programs are available this way but you must first delete your version on your TV 360 Saved section.

9EE63974-455D-41F3-BBBD-4A4EC0A4ED1F.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well that’s very disappointing. Are all new TV setups using the 360 boxes? I don’t think I was given the choice of the V6? Does that mean the chance of downloading to iPad is being fazed out.  Doesn’t make much sense to me.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Since Dec 2020, all new TV installs have been to the 360 platform. The only exception is TV-only customers, who don't have broadband, who can still get a TiVo box (not a V6)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Seems like a bit of a step back to me? Would they introduce the ability to download recordings to your tablet in future updates?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might want to take a read through this past thread that covers this very subject.

The posts from BlueLou on page 3/post-21 onwards are worthy of note.