How to disable pin needed to stop under age watching

josca
Tuning in

How to stop having to put pin in every time when in adult household

16 REPLIES 16

crypticc
Fibre optic

Same here

I think they go by the time the programme was aired, not the rating. That means a programme aired in non primetime evening asks for a pin even if not 18 rated. Or it is simply faulty.

E.g.  I'm asked to enter a pin to watch "Classic Cars" which is definitely a PG rated car salvage programme. Unless you count car disassembly and welding. (but even then with less than the A-team being locked into a  barn/warehouse.)

One of my top peeves is unnecessary button presses.

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

You can turn off the PIN - for watching Watershed Recordings outside of Watershed hours.

Go to Parental Controls in Settings, and set Watershed recordings PIN to OFF.

Done! Be aware it's really easy to turn it back on by mistake. 😃 

this is incorrect. You can turn Watershed PIN off in settings.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stellababy wrote:

You can turn off the PIN - for watching Watershed Recordings outside of Watershed hours.

Go to Parental Controls in Settings, and set Watershed recordings PIN to OFF.

Done! Be aware it's really easy to turn it back on by mistake. 😃 

If this is true then VM is in serious trouble, as OFCOM can revoke their TV operating licence. Mandatory means mandatory.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

great setting - That setting is only for time-shifted recordings which is exactly what I want. i.e. post 9pm content watched pre-9pm, but where the content is actually benign (unless you count putting stickers on a restored Porsche Boxter to try to make it look more vintage is GBH)

I've not tested but if the programme is flagged as meta-data needing a PIN it should still be requested.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have just checked with forum mods & the Mandatory PIN requirements cannot be overridden even when the watershed setting on the V360 is off.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

that's fine. just as long as they use the meta-data, good or otherwise.

being nagged just because was originally broadcast after 9pm but not actually 15+ was a pain- My wife was being asked to enter pin for recorded cooking or travel programmes which was ridiculous.

@stellababy's answer appears to fix that.