cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change home screen settings?

boyeatsmoon
Joining in

Hi folks,

Does anyone know how to change the settings for the Virgin TV 360 home screen? Every time I turn the TV on, this enthusiastic woman's voice bombards me with suggestions, on loop, ad nauseum. Honestly it's driving me mad.

Is there a way to make the home screen silent, or perhaps to have a particular app open by default?

8 REPLIES 8

chrisjames
Up to speed
@boyeatsmoon

There must be a way of doing it because I don't have the problem but it has happened occasionally when I search. Mine is an upgraded V6 box though.

roy247
Community elder

Hi

I assume you turn the box off either at the mains socket or with the switch on the back of the box so it's rebooting on channel 100. If you leave the box in standby it will start up on the last viewed channel other than that you can't set an alternative. Best to have all boxes set to fast start or active start and just turn off using the remote.

Thanks for your suggestion. I only ever turn the box to standby so that can't be the cause of the issue.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrisjames wrote:
Mine is an upgraded V6 box though.

A V6 that's been converted to a 360 is no longer a V6, but is functionally now a 360!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Another possibility is someone has setup the default start profile with one of the Virgin channels at the top of the list.

OK this sounds like something worth investigating. I haven't changed the default start profile or set up a channels list. That's news to me. How do you do that?

If you go to Settings, Profiles, at the top you have manage and at the bottom you have start up profile. There is also a button on the right of the remote for accessing profiles.

Hi boyeatsmoon,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble with the settings on your 360.

Have you tried what roy247 has suggested?

Alex_Rm