cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access internet with Virgin remote

rattyatvmc
Joining in

I have recently installed Virgin TV and now have a new Virgin TV remote. I have a JVC smart TV and was able to access the internet with the JVC remote but am not able to do this with the Virgin remote and the JVC remote no longer works.

How do I access the internet with the Virgin TV remote?

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not certain this is a VM-function so much as a query about your JVC TV, but which TV box do you have?

Check here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
agreed. the VM box will have no impact on your TV remote

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps the actual question here is:

How do I change the TV Source with the V6 remote?

If so, I can’t remember as I now have TV 360 where it is easy on its remote (button above blue button).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thankyou for your response, I have a Virgin TV360 box.  I have tried the TV Source button on the V6 remote (button above blue button) as explained by the other reply from Ernie. Any other suggestions would be very welcome.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to explain in more detail what you are actually trying to do.

Hello, 

I would like to know how to access the internet on my TV, I was able to do this before having Virgin installed. Since Virgin has been installed I do not know how to get to the internet screen. 
can you be of any assistance. 

What I think you are trying to do is use your Smart TV function for accessing the internet.

You need to press the source button so you are in TV mode, (not using the 360 input), you should be able to do this using either remote, when in you are in TV mode, (I don't have a JVC TV so don't know what buttons you have), press the Smart button you would use to access your TV's apps and internet browser like you did before, if your TV is connected to the internet it should work, is it connected by ethernet cable or wifi, your JVC remote should at least turn the TV on and off regardless of what source you are connected to, if that doesn't work the first thing I would check is the batteries as pairing the virgin remote will not disable the JVC remote.

You cannot directly access the internet using the virgin remote and it will not open up any smart function on your TV it will only control the volume and turn the TV on and off if connected by HDMI.

Hope any of this helps.

roy247,

thank you for your considered response. Thankyou for advising that I am not able to access the internet using the virgin remote and that it will not open up any smart function on the TV.  I will change the batteries in the JVC remote as suggested and use this remote to access the internet as I used to. The reason I stopped using both remotes is that when I switched from one remote to a another the JVC remote stopped working so I thought that I cannot use that remote. 
Thank you for confirming both remotes can be used.