cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Sky Cinema

ArneT
Tuning in

I have signed up to the Sky Cinema package today.

The sky channels (402 - 412) are still not available (greyed out) even though it’s been about 4 hours since I signed up and I’ve restarted my Virgin 360 box.

I thought it takes 1-2 hours to activate.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like something's not right on your account end - or it's still being manually processed and the phone agent wasn't able to intervene. I wouldn't use the automated service for this query, you need to be speaking to an agent if you're not already.

Once the package codes have been updated on your account, the channels should be visible on your box immediately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How did you sign up - was it online or by calling through?

Activations by a C/S agent are normally immediate, any other method needs manually keying and can take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It was via chat to support.

what’s odd it won’t let me upgrade directly from my 360 box either.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd call in.

That'll be the quickest way to check whether it's been activated or not - and the channels will often be live before you finish the call.

Thanks for the tip japitts. 

I’ll give them a call today and I’ll report back.

I spoke to customer services yesterday evening. I was informed it can take up to 24hrs for the service to be activated. I was advised to wait 24-26 hours after the initial contact with CS. 

It still isn't working for me (36 hours after first signing up via webchat). On calling CS, automated message is recommending turning off TV box for 20 minutes, then waiting a further 10 minutes for the box to reboot and pick up any new services.

I will let you know if this resolves things or not.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like something's not right on your account end - or it's still being manually processed and the phone agent wasn't able to intervene. I wouldn't use the automated service for this query, you need to be speaking to an agent if you're not already.

Once the package codes have been updated on your account, the channels should be visible on your box immediately.

I managed to speak to someone in CS. They were able to resolve this over the call (by reapplying the package). I then just turned off the 360 TV box on the rear and turned it back on immediately. Then just wait for a few minutes for it to power back up and the Sky Cinema channels were present 😊

A

Hi A, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue with getting your new channels activated. 

I'm glad to see the team over the phone were able to get things sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs