cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many mini boxes on the Volt/Maxit package?

darenj01
On our wavelength

I have just upgraded 2 old V6's boxes (software not hardware swap) to 360 and noticed that on the website it states the Volt package allows 3 mini boxes at no extra cost?

Is this correct or have I misread it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@darenj01 wrote:

I have just upgraded 2 old V6's boxes (software not hardware swap) to 360 and noticed that on the website it states the Volt package allows 3 mini boxes at no extra cost?

Hi @darenj01 

If you are on the Ultimate Volt package then two boxes are included in the package price and a third box would be an extra £5 per month.

On any other packages it's £10 a month extra for the first additional box and a further £5  a month for a third box.

There may also be an activation fee for a third box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

You can only have 3 boxes maximum, so if you have 2 upgraded V6 boxes which are now called 360 boxes you can only have one mini box and there is monthly charge unless things have changed.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can have upto 3 multiroom boxes on either TiVo/V6 or TV360 - with an additional TiVo in some legacy scenarios.

On the TiVo/V6 platform, multiroom boxes are all exactly the same - i.e. TiVo/V6

On TV360, multiroom boxes are minis without hard drives unless you've converted V6 in which case they remain masters.

So if you've converted 2 x V6 into 2 x TV360-master, you may have one additional multiroom if you wish, and it'll be a mini-box. You are lucky to have two master boxes already, whereas new installs only get one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@darenj01 wrote:

Hi @darenj01 

If you are on the Ultimate Volt package then two boxes are included in the package price and a third box would be an extra £5 per month.

On any other packages it's £10 a month extra for the first additional box and a further £5  a month for a third box.

There may also be an activation fee for a third box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali