cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you wake TiVo V6 on Virgin TV 360 from amber light?

kokkolis
On our wavelength

Dear all,

Today I’ve upgraded from the standard TiVo V6 service to the Virgin 360. It all went well.
I then left the box on, and while it was left on I switched the TV to another HDMI input to watch something else for a few hours (more than 4-5 hours; please note that I’ve set the new TiVo 360 to standby at 4 hours).

At some point, I’ve noticed the TiVo power button on the new TiVo remote to flash periodically for three times. Also, the LED light onto the TiVo V6 box itself was amber.

1. What does the three flashes of the remote mean?

2. When I switched the HDMI inputs back to TiVo (still in amber light), it was stuck onto Welcome screen. I’ve waited for a few minutes but no matter what I pressed on the new remote, no joy. I’ve then removed the power cable from the box, put it back again, the box remained still in amber light, I kept pressing buttons on the new remote, and then all of a sudden the amber light turned to white and it looks OK for now.
What does the amber light on the box mean? And how do you properly sort it (or wake it up)?

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

thrice
Superfast

The only time I can recall seeing the light at amber is when the box is rebooting. This can take several minutes - but it seems much longer if you are watching it.  It might do something similar when it is updating the software but that usually happens in the small hours of the morning when I would not normally see it.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @kokkolis,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you've had trying to wake your box up. Have you had any further issues since you last posted? 

Regards,

Steven_L

kokkolis
On our wavelength

Hi Steven,

Thanks so much for coming back… Things look good for now, I haven’t seen yet another amber light and TiVo gets back to operation from standby without hiccups.

Interestingly though, previously whenever I was putting TiVo V6 to standby, the front LED that was white during operation it was turning red (and TiVo was getting to sleep), and upon waking up it would go straight to live TV,  whereas now the LED goes from white to a complete switch off (no more red during standby). When waking up it now shows “Welcome”;” screen; thankfully it goes back to live TV after a few seconds.

1) Is this change part of the new operating regime?
2) Also, when TiVo goes on standby I notice the TiVo power button on the new remote it blinks for 3 times periodically. What is the significance of this?

Thank you, very much appreciated.

Christos

Thanks for the update kokkolis, we're pleased to hear you've not experienced the issue since your last post.

In regards to the flashing light on the remote, does it do this when picked up?

Rob

kokkolis
On our wavelength

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back! I don’t remember and I have just left home for a week so I can’t see the remote, but once I am back hone I will take a good look and will reply.

Thank you,

Christos 

Make sure to let us know @kokkolis - we'll look into this for you 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

kokkolis
On our wavelength

Hello Rob, I am now back home and yes, the flashing light only comes on when the remote is picked up or moved

If your power setting is set to eco change it to Fast or Active start that should give you a red light when the box is in standby and also start the 360 quicker so you don't see the welcome screen.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kokkolis,

Thanks for your response. 

I do believe that the periodic flashes are a design choice, however, having tested on a remote I can't see these occurring as frequently as you've described.

Just to confirm, the flashes you are having are:

• When the remote is picked up
  • When the box is going into standby
  • Only on the 'power' button

Is this correct?

Kind regards, 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide