cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i transfer recordings from my TIVO to 360?

peterritch
Tuning in

Hi all, i have now received the remote for 360, but it says i will loose all my recordings on TIVO, many of which are irreplaceable. how can i deal with this - or can i undo the 'upgrade'?

10 REPLIES 10

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You WILL lose your recordings.

There is no way back.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that. can i undo the 'upgrade' since i haven't yet turned the new remote on?

It is unlikely as your V6 is now provisioned to do the upgrade.

I believe if you don't do it manually it would normally do the upgrade automatically in about a weeks time.

ive just spoken to the team and cancelled the upgrade, so hopefully no further change necessary at the moment!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good luck with that.

Did they advise how to send back the new remote?

Personally, I’d keep a hold of it as you may need it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@peterritch wrote:
ive just spoken to the team and cancelled the upgrade, so hopefully no further change necessary at the moment!

Bear in mind, we will all be forced to move over to TV 360 at some point, as the VM and TiVo agreement is coming to an end and is not being renewed.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

They said send back using the Yodel collect + store service. i may hold on a short while then!

Thats annoying, have to work out how to grab the recordings that will never be repeated then!

Bear in mind that if a channel ceases to broadcast or some technical changes to the particular channel on the network may result in recordings expiring prematurely.

Although they may still be listed in your recordings you will no longer have access to them.

I have lost stuff from Channel4 and More4 in the past.