cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I watch recordings on old V6 box?

Sjames16
On our wavelength

I’ve just received a new 360 box (and a mini) and text the number to activate it. I was still watching something on my current V6 box at the time and after about 10 minutes, it stopped playing and said I didn’t have an active subscription so couldn’t watch the recording. I plugged the new 360 box in and everything seems to be working fine, but how do I watch the recordings off my V6?

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Sjames16,

You can't watch recordings made on the V6 once you've upgraded to the 360 as the V6 will have been de-activated once the 360 was activated.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

oh ok. Would have been nice to have known that prior to activating the new box! Oh well

lennyv
Up to speed

IIRC when my 360 was activated I could still watch recordings on the V6. I don't know if it could depend on the channel that the recording was taken from perhaps?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless something quite fundamental has changed quite recently that I've missed, you can't mix TiVo/V6 & V360 on the same account.

Once a V360 is activated, the TiVo/V6 are deactivated. Unless the old box was disconnected from the VM network at the point of deactivation (in which case it's living on borrowed time), then once the deactivation hit is received, that box is no longer any use.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sjames16
On our wavelength

Fair enough. Just thought it would have been nice to know this upfront so I could have delayed activation until I’d finished watching my recording 

I'm pretty confident the V6 was connected when it was deactivated - I held on as long as I could to watch more recordings knowing I'd have to set up series links again and would eventually lose all the recordings on the V6, so I just waited for the 360 to automatically be activated after 5-7 days. I was then able to watch live TV and schedule recordings on the 360 and continue to work through recordings on the V6. This was in the earlier trial before the recent one so things may have changed - I can only speak from personal experience.

It is made very clear that when you upgrade to TV 360 you will lose access to your previous recordings as the box will be deactivated if you are getting new boxes. If you are getting an upgrade from V6 to TV 360 OTA you also lose your recordings as the boxes are formatted as part of the update.

Where exactly is it made very clear?

It wasn’t made clear to me at all, wasn’t even mentioned.

There are plenty of threads about it should of been in the user manuals for TV 360. I would be surprise if you wasn't told that you r old boxes would be deactivated when new boxes are activated. It is certainly always been the case when new equipment gets activated the old ones get de-activated so it cant be used in case of being lost in transit etc,