cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a cable adaptor out of VM?

MartJ
Rising star

Afternoon,

The cable adaptor saga continues, after 3 call with VM call centre and numerous promises I still have yet to receive the missing cable adaptor for my VM 360 Mini Box. I installed the new VM Box and Mini Box over 2 weeks ago, the latter installation is incomplete as still not had the cable I asked for.

I rang 150 3 times, after explaining to the agent what I needed I was sent what I didn't need, 2 power supplies for the box.

IMG_1149.jpg

I rang for the second time and couldn't make the agent understand what I needed he kept saying there was no such cable, or I didn't need one, even after I pointed him VM's own install instructions which said I did, he kept offering me a 5m or 15m cox cable, which was totally the wrong item.

On the third call I spoke to someone at a UK Call centre, who understood what I needed and spoke to here manager about getting one sent out, said would take about a week, a week has gone by and still no cable adapter. I have no intention of going through the pain of calling your call centre again as they are to be frank useless.

All I want is one of these, is it too much to ask?

MartJ_0-1634314920853.png

Please send me one quickly or get an engineer to bring one, how hard can it be?

Martin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi MartJ

Thanks for those details 

I have just sent an email to our Service and Install managers for your area 

Fingers crossed we have a Technician in the area over the weekend that can pop a pair through your letter box 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm sure the forum staff can arrange this, but you should be aware their current turnaround time - given it's the weekend - may be a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well aware of that, but not going to ring the call centre who don't seem to have a clue and care less about customer satisfaction. I have been waiting over 2 weeks for this small cable a few days more won't matter in the scheme of things.

Martin

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello MartJ

Thanks for your post 

Sorry though to read the above 

This really should have been sorted by now 

If I can take some details by Private Message 

I can get a technician on his travels to pop a pair though your letterbox 

Gareth_L

Yes by all means happy to provide details via PM

Martin

Hi MartJ

Thanks for those details 

I have just sent an email to our Service and Install managers for your area 

Fingers crossed we have a Technician in the area over the weekend that can pop a pair through your letter box 

Gareth_L

Thank you

Martin

Excellent Service, Engineer arrived with cable at 9:15 this morning, installed it and ensured all working.

Thanks

Martin

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MartJ,

Thank you for keeping this thread updated on how you're getting on.

We're glad to hear that your services are now up and working as they should be! 🙂

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help, we're here if you need us.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs