cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a 360 mini box

stevewsm1
Tuning in

Hi, forgive me if this has been asked before. I was asked if I wanted to upgrade my PVR from a V6 to the new 360 box. I received this today and set it up with no problems. 

How do I get a 360 mini box? I have tried calling the number I thought I would need to call but it says the call centre is closed. 

Can anyone advise how best to go about this? 

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you want to go multiroom with V360 it will mean installing another coax point where the box will go. The mini boxes are I believe cheaper than multiroom with a V6 box, but obviously there will be installation charges.

Be aware that the mini boxes are reliant on Ethernet or WiFi for everything except the live channels, & you cannot pause live TV for more than a few minutes.

The call centre opens at 8am tomorrow.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Superstar

It is not really an upgrade - it is a switch to alternate boxes with quite different menus systems and services.

A mini will now be an additional box which they are likely to charge for.

I got main and mini set together but they replaced two V6s.

@stevewsm1 wrote:

Hi, forgive me if this has been asked before. I was asked if I wanted to upgrade my PVR from a V6 to the new 360 box. I received this today and set it up with no problems. 

How do I get a 360 mini box? I have tried calling the number I thought I would need to call but it says the call centre is closed. 

Can anyone advise how best to go about this? 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

I think that an additional V6 box costs £99.95 plus £35 set up fee plus £7.50 per month, no reason to believe that a mini-box installation will be different. There is a different costing if you were subscribe to an 18-month bundle as you'd pay a £30 network installation fee plus £10 for the first additional box and £5 for each additional box.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Those fees have recently been updated, it's £10pm for an additional box but the up front fee is lower.
Or you can upgrade to Ultimate Oomph, which has a second box included

Thank you for your reply. 

does the mini have to have a coaxial connection or is it WiFi 

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

The V360 mini box requires a coaxial connection to get the live channels, and wifi or ethernet to connect to the main box.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you. Does it need coaxial to play recordings already on the main box on a tv in another room

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

It needs the coaxial connection to work, if there is no coaxial connection then the box will not startup and you will not be able to use it.

Regards Mike

To watch UHD (BT Sport, Netflix, Amazon) on a mini box in my cave, as stated I need coax, but will WiFi suffice or should I pull through some Cat 5 or 6 cable? 

I am about to have "Oomph" package installed so would at some stage prefer Cat 6 cable, but just wander how immediate this should be.