cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help pairing remote with TV360

patomlin76
On our wavelength

Hi all, just got connected with Virgin after moving from sky.

mostly going great (though noticeable that the wifi struggles to reach parts of the house sky did - but an extender should solve that). Anyway, we have a 49in Toshiba TV, about 2 years old. And no attempt successfully pairs this tv with the remote for volume control.

has anyone any ideas on similar makes that may work to trick this into working? It doesn’t seem like 4 digit codes exist any more.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

I assume you have gone through all the key testing methods and not found a match, if that's the case then your best bet is to provide the model number of the TV and see if that gets a response if someone has the same.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

roy247
Community elder

I assume you have gone through all the key testing methods and not found a match, if that's the case then your best bet is to provide the model number of the TV and see if that gets a response if someone has the same.

patomlin76
On our wavelength

Thanks.

Model is a Toshiba 49inch 4k LED TV.

Don't have the specific model number to hand, but it starts 49V5...

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @patomlin76 

Try entering the first 4 characters after the screen size. In your case 49V5  you should enter V5xx where xx is the next two characters.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks will try that. I did 49V5 as the first four characters, but obviously that didn't work!

patomlin76
On our wavelength

Almost, the model number looks almost the same but it’s probably the replacement model.

thanks

I think this was for sale around 2018, you can try V586, or 5863.

if there is an underscore _ or forward slash / between the any of the first four characters them as well.
I had to when paired my samsung remote.

Hi @patomlin76,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues when trying to pair the remote. We can understand the frustration caused. Have you been able to try the advice given by @ellistephen? Have you also tried as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSloQ7y6xkk ?
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs