cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to keep rebooting TV 360 boxes

dibberly
Dialled in

Hi all

Any reason why about every 2-3 weeks i need to reboot both boxes (main 360 box and the mini box) because they become "offline", sometimes they eventually come back online by themselves but normally its quicker to reboot

Does not matter if i am using the the "go" app to set up a recording, or try to delete a recording on it, comes up with an error about the box being offline, also selecting the boxes at the top of the app they are both greyed out and says i need to reboot the boxes as they are offline.

When they are offline, on the mini box i am unable to delete any recording that is on the 360 box as its "offline" - says something about to check to make sure its deleted but the funny thing is that i can still play a recorded program on the 360 box on the mini box. Looking at the settings page, both boxes running the diagnostic shows they are connected to virgin servers, all boxes are connected via Ethernet? (if that makes sense)

Another problem i have with the mini box is that when i turn on the mini box after some time (not timed it) the screen goes blank for a second or 2 and then comes back on, ive googled the problem and i have found something about matching the frame rate in the settings but no matter what i have it set to the screen still goes blank!

Thanks for reading....Any ideas?

23 REPLIES 23

roy247
Community elder

As you haven't said are both boxes set to fast start or active start, if not change them.

Hi

yea, I kept reading that last night thinking I’ve missed something but could not work out what!!

I’ve tried both boxes on all settings (same setting in both boxes). From memory it’s fast, active and eco start

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dibberly

Sorry to hear this is still happening every so often 

As bot boxes are on the same network, when they ay off line

Do you notice if any 3rd party devices lose connection as well

Say for example Mobile device

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

Everything else stays connected as far as i can tell...deffo the ipad / phone equipment stays connected

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @dibberly,

Thanks for the update, How is it for you at the moment?

Have you noticed any error messages just before it reboots?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

No error messages or anything - i don't know that they are disconnected until i try to either delete a program from the mini box or try to set up a recording on the app / mini box

1.jpg2.jpg

As you can see with the pictures i have tried to set up a recording again and it states the boxes are offline and the 2 boxes (downstairs / upstairs) are greyed out due to them offline...so its nearly been a week since i started the thread and they are offline again. It might have been sooner but i have not tried to set up a recording until tonight

Hi dibberly, 

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues. This can sometimes happen for a few different reasons. 

The first thing to check is that your 360 box is in Fast start or Active mode instead of Eco mode. If this is already the case, make sure the app you're using and the OS of your device is fully up to date. 

Once you've done these checks, can you have a look at the CPE IP address on the app? We need to check if this displays a valid IP address show up or if it show's up as unknown? To check this, click on your profile icon at the top > Settings > Diagnostics > CPE IP. 

If it's showing as unknown, then click the icon next to the search bar in the top right corner and disconnect from your 360 box and reconnect. This is a workaround that our VIP user Ernie has let us know of and it should refresh things and allow an IP to be registered. Hopefully you will then be able to watch the recordings without any issues. 

Please pop back and let us know how things go. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kathy

Its disconnected again (well downstairs which is the main box has but upstairs which is the mini has not)

Under the CPE IP it states "Unknown"