cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hate 360 - no volume on remote either

dardy
Tuning in

I am so dissatisfied with upgrading to 360, I did the research and was convinced by what I read that this would be a good move, however I find it hard to use.

I thought I'd get used to it but after 2 weeks I still hate it. 

Sad to read on the the posts that this upgrade is 'non reversible' but I am still going to go ahead and approach virgin about trying to go backwards.  

Also, I chose it as a free upgrade but then have read posts about people paying more for it which was never mentioned when I chose to upgrade.

Also another irritation, the volume and mute buttons haven't worked since I got it - I hate everything about it!!

4 REPLIES 4

martinianpaul
Superfast

It's certainly different from Tivo, and there's no denying its an immature platform which will take a long time to get to the performance of Tivo. However having had a 360 for almost a year, i have to say, I've gotten used to it, and the remote, and don't have *many* problems. 

I honestly don't think I'm ever going to get used to it, upgrading to 360 is one of the worst things I've ever done!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dardy 

If the volume buttons aren't working on your 360 double check under Settings > Audio Video > Volume keys control that it isn't set to (TV make) amplifier instead of your TV make. I've done that by mistake a few times when fiddling around checking settings for other forum users.

Also, if possible enter the 4 characters of your TV remote when setting up the remote in the following manner to help find the actual model

My TV is an LG NANO796NE so I have to enter 796N -  with an older Toshiba 43U5863DB I had to enter U586.

If you are setting up the remote just using the keys test then don't accept the first match, try a few more.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@Dave thank you very much, I'll give that a go! 👍😁