cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has there been an update to the 360 box software

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

I was not best pleased this morning to have to sign in all over again to my YouTube, BBC Sounds (but not iPlayer), Netflix and Amazon Video accounts. Who thought this would be a good idea? A very annoying idea is what I call it especially as there has been no explanation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a couple of software updates to the 360 that are currently in-progress - the latest version is 4.33

Code updates are a standard feature of VM's TV boxes from time-to-time, and the 360 is especially prone to it, being on the development curve that it is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a couple of software updates to the 360 that are currently in-progress - the latest version is 4.33

Code updates are a standard feature of VM's TV boxes from time-to-time, and the 360 is especially prone to it, being on the development curve that it is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Is that 4.33 the build number because mine is still on 4.31?

It's been confounded in my case by having two boxes! And the 2nd box won't obey my instructions not to keep the annoying welcome channel from being in the list despite being on the same profile on both boxes.

Hey

So. Yesterday my box updated to 4.33. All good.

This morning I see it has now gone back to 4.31. All very strange. 🤪🤯

So, just an FYI, really. You may have had the update but now it’s gone.

Thanks. 

Maxit TV
2 X TV 360 Box
M500 Fibre Broadband

That's the special magic of Virgin! 😊

ashscrivens1
Dialled in

Same has happened here

Software was updated but looks like it’s rolled back to 4.31 today and everything has signed out like Netflix and iPlayer

Frustrating! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Both of my boxes are still on V.33 since yesterday (a reset triggered the updates). I have the new Humax boxes.