cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard drive

djchw
Joining in

Can't find hard drive - been like this for ages. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @djchw 

Does the onscreen message say you have  the CS6001 or CS6002 error?

If that's on the main box then you could try a factory reset, however I don't think it will help in this case, and that you'll need to contact VM Faults (150 from a VM landline or mobile) for a replacement main box. If you do call VM it's best around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.***

A member of the forum team may pick this up for you in  a day or two.

Try the factory reset as you've nothing to lose.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Normally I would advise selecting Choose Keep Recordings which means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again), however since you have the "can't find hard drive" message I would try the "Format Disk" option.

***  When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @djchw 

Does the onscreen message say you have  the CS6001 or CS6002 error?

If that's on the main box then you could try a factory reset, however I don't think it will help in this case, and that you'll need to contact VM Faults (150 from a VM landline or mobile) for a replacement main box. If you do call VM it's best around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.***

A member of the forum team may pick this up for you in  a day or two.

Try the factory reset as you've nothing to lose.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Normally I would advise selecting Choose Keep Recordings which means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again), however since you have the "can't find hard drive" message I would try the "Format Disk" option.

***  When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

djchw
Joining in

This app is rubbish, as is the service I'm getting. I've no hard drive - apparently - for ages. A Virgin employee who was visiting a neighbour told me it was the Internet. It's not - everything else works. I tried attaching a photo of the message that comes up but it hasn't shown. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you read the message above your reply, there is some good advice on dealing with TV service faults.

To attach photos to forum replies, use the button I've marked below - the picture will need to be manually approved before being publicly visible.

japitts_0-1665508103843.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @djchw 

Is this the message?

CS6002CS6002

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Yes, not got round to re-setting the hard drive yet. 

Tried the factory reset - as you thought, it didn't work. so I'll phone them.

Hi djchw,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to see you're having issues with your TV box.

I'll pop you over a private message now so I can help you get this sorted out.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Cheers

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi djchw,

Thanks for confirming your details with me over PM.

I've arranged an engineer visit for you so we can come out and try to repair the box, however it's likely that the engineer will just replace the set top box for you during the visit. 

You can view and manage your appointment time here, however it may take up to 24 hours for the website to update.

Let us know how the visit goes and if there's anything else we can help you with. 

Beth

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @djchw

Thanks for your response

Be sure to keep us updated with how the booked technician visit goes 🙂 I hope you have a great day and Happy New Year

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs