cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard drive not found

Markylad
Tuning in

I received 2 virgin 360 remotes to update my V6 boxes to 360, but shortly after updating the boxes the one in my bedroom won't record or you could have been watching a recording and it just froze. I tried everything but it keeps coming up on screen, No hard drive found and the error code CS600I. It will pick up recordings from the other box but not the 2nd box, the 2 boxes are the exact same and had been working perfectly for a few years, but it all started going wrong when I updated them to virgin 360. I like how 360 works and it's working 100% on the other box. Maybe the box itself has developed a problem and needs fixed of replacing. Some help or things to try would be great. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Markylad wrote:

The engineer has been and left and he swapped my 2nd V6 box for a mini 360 box. It seems when I migrated from V6 to 360 the hard drive on the 2nd V6 box is done away with and it just uses the hard drive on the main box to store my recordings, but my box was faulty as well because if I set a program to record on my 2nd box it didn't store it on my 1st box. I could have went in to the other room set the recording on my 1st and could then watch it on my 2nd but the engineer said that's not how it's meant to work so he replaced my 2nd box with a mini box, now everything it working fine. I just have half the storage now and couldn't recorded as many programs at once if I wanted to do that. 

Sorry to say, but you've been misinformed. Not the first time this has come up here either, sadly.

New customers getting 360, or new multiroom installations, are indeed onto the minibox setup where you have one master box with the HDD & all extra boxes are minis without hard drives.

Conversions from V6 can be fully functional additional boxes with hard drives - you might want to take a read of this thread which covers this in more detail.

Unfortunately for yourself, you are correct to say that now your additional V6 has been removed and swapped for a mini, you have indeed lost half your recording capacity.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So AIUI, you have box 1 & box 2.

Box 1 works fine, box 2 won't find its own HDD but can see box 1?

Can box 1 see box 2's HDD?

Are both boxes set to fast start/active start? I don't think that's necessary in your scenario, but worth eliminating. And when you say you've "tried everything", what does that mean? (we don't know unless you tell us....)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have both boxes set to fast start, I've tried restarting the box and reformatting the hard drive when it gave me the option to do that but 5 minutes into that I got a message on screen saying harddrive not found and a error code, CS6001 but when I go to help and put in that code there's nothing it doesn't recognise that code.

I rang virgin and they ran tests and they are sending an engineer out today to fix it or replace the box if it can't be fixed. 

The engineer has been and left and he swapped my 2nd V6 box for a mini 360 box. It seems when I migrated from V6 to 360 the hard drive on the 2nd V6 box is done away with and it just uses the hard drive on the main box to store my recordings, but my box was faulty as well because if I set a program to record on my 2nd box it didn't store it on my 1st box. I could have went in to the other room set the recording on my 1st and could then watch it on my 2nd but the engineer said that's not how it's meant to work so he replaced my 2nd box with a mini box, now everything it working fine. I just have half the storage now and couldn't recorded as many programs at once if I wanted to do that. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Markylad wrote:

Sorry to say, but you've been misinformed. Not the first time this has come up here either, sadly.

New customers getting 360, or new multiroom installations, are indeed onto the minibox setup where you have one master box with the HDD & all extra boxes are minis without hard drives.

Conversions from V6 can be fully functional additional boxes with hard drives - you might want to take a read of this thread which covers this in more detail.

Unfortunately for yourself, you are correct to say that now your additional V6 has been removed and swapped for a mini, you have indeed lost half your recording capacity.