cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!

Demonsog
Tuning in

My series recording keeps cutting off the end of the programme. I don't want to add 15 minutes to every recording because a lot of programmes are HD which uses up 7 times as much space as non-HD and I would run out of space at 70 hours of HD. Can I record extra time on only one planned recording?

Also, can I remove the box top left of screen saying Delete or Keep? It obscures part of the screen picture for the end of the programme or film recording I've been watching.

How do I cancel one planned recording without cancelling the whole series and losing the existing recordings in that series? And how do I retrieve something I deleted by accident?

When I record a film that has to be in 2 parts it cuts off the end of the first part. How do I stop this happening?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

@Demonsog wrote:

Also, can I remove the box top left of screen saying Delete or Keep? It obscures part of the screen picture for the end of the programme or film recording I've been watching.

Yes you can, go to your saved recordings and then select manage storage once you put your pin number in it's the first option.

And how do I retrieve something I deleted by accident?

Unfortunately it's a no you can't on that question.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Thank you.  Your reply is helpful.  However, I am concerned that in the "Fast clean up" option there is no option to not delete when fully watched unless I have the box top right for the last few minutes of the recording which is a shame.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Demonsog

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

In the series link settings you should be able to adjust this to less than 15 mins, for example mine personally is set to 4 mins before and 5 mins after.

Could you have a look into the settings for me please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

roy247
Community elder

@Demonsog wrote:

Yes you can, go to your saved recordings and then select manage storage once you put your pin number in it's the first option.

And how do I retrieve something I deleted by accident?

Unfortunately it's a no you can't on that question.

In Settings I can only set it for 5 minutes extra time and the next option is 15 minutes which, as I mentioned, would take up a lot of memory.  It is not possible to change the setting for one programme - it is for all planned recordings or none.

Thank you.  Your reply is helpful.  However, I am concerned that in the "Fast clean up" option there is no option to not delete when fully watched unless I have the box top right for the last few minutes of the recording which is a shame.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @Demonsog 

At the end of watching the saved recordings there is an option to keep the recording instead of deleting it. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M