cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI output

preeve01
Joining in

Why is there no option on the 360 to select more than 1 HDMI resolution i.e 4k , 1080i and 720p as the automatic just kicks out 4k 

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

If you go to Settings, Audio & Video, you will see HDMI resolution and you can set the 360 to 576, 720, 1080, or 4K. Automatic set's it to the native resolution of your TV. If you don't have a 4K TV then the maximum option would be 1080.

Thanks 

But you can not select 3 outputs at a time you can only pick one. As I have a 4k tv and I select Automatic the resolution to 4k when I a watching a non 4 k program.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You only need to select one. You only have the one device connected. When a lower resolution channel or content is viewed, the V360 will upscale the output to 4K to match the connected TV. If you select anything else then your TV will still upscale the content anyway, only you then have the hassle of changing the settings every time you view a different resolution programme. That’s why the auto setting is there.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If you think the picture quality could be better as an experiment try setting the 360 to 1080 and let your TV do the upscaling, several people have said their TV's do it better than the 360. If you mainly watch TV then there is only BT Sport Ultimate and the Virgin UHD channel in 4K your TV will upscale both but to watch the Virgin channel on demand you would need to set the TV back to 4K, you would also need to do this for Sky Movies UHD. If you mainly watch Netflix etc you may just want to leave it set to 4K or automatic.

Thanks

Lets hops that the feature is added at some point.