cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Resolution

holmesc
Joining in

Morning,

I have just purchased a new LG OLED TV and my Virgin 360 box doesn't appear to detect it as a 4k TV.  If I attempt to watch on demand 4k content it says the following message

UHD Not Supported

Check if your TV and cables support 4K Ultra HD and you've got Ultra HD enabled in your Virgin TV Box settings

In Settings>Audio & Video>HDMI resolution it does not give me the 4K option.  The highest setting is 1080p.

I'm using all the original cables with a sonos soundbar  and a PS5 connected to the TV too. The PS5 is having no display issues.  I have disconnected all devices except the virgin box and tried all 4 HDMI ports but I'm still having the same issue.  I am wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or any ideas on what else I could try?

Help must appreciated 

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

You could always try a factory reset, just select the option to keep your recordings or maybe just turning the power off to the box for a couple of minutes and let it do a restart might force the box to recheck the TV.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you proven the 360 with a known good HDMI cable?

You've mentioned the TV works with your PS5 - is that at 1080 or 2160?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah I"m using the same HDMI cable I was using before on my previous Samsung TV which worked and the PS5 is in 2160.  I've done a factory reset on the box and on the TV and ensured it fully up to date software wise. I've also tried it with the HDMI cable from the PS5 and still got the same issue.  I've got a second virgin box in the bedroom so going to try it on that setup and see if it brings me any luck.  Thank you both for your advice.

Are you using a high speed HDMI cable? A standard cable will not support UHD.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @holmesc,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see your TV resolution is not the best at the moment.

Have you managed to resolve this since posting on Sunday? Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

If it’s a C1 or G1 there’s a firmware bug that stops 4K over HDMI. If the TV was manufactured after August 21. There’s a huge C1 owners thread on AV forums about it. LG are supposedly releasing updated F/W on the 17th of November to fix it.

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi its very important you have a 4K high speed HDMI cable. Regards Micky

As the response above, just came across today of this news, which probably is the cause of the issue that the user has. Hopefully is it ok to paste the link in here. https://www-whathifi-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.whathifi.com/amp/news/newer-lg-c1-tvs-cant-play-...

Cheers for this, I do have the C1 model so this could well be the issue. Hopefully it is rectified shortly.