cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gotta acknowledge, TV 360 is distinctly improving

DuncanCorps
Dialled in

Well, just to prove that I've not been railing against TV 360 merely because it's different, I've got to admit that with each version (mine's at 4.37 now) the experience has improved, felt distinctly less rough around the edges.

For example, I'm not sure when Profiles got separate records of how much of recording had been watched but it's handy when more than one person are watching the same series at different speeds. It's a nice feature (though only the start of how I'd like to see Profiles used).

It's still short of the polished quality of TiVo (to remind, V6 is TiVo). Of all the changes which could close that gap, the ones I'd be most pleased to see are;

• On dialogues the default/preselected option should be the least "destructive" one.
    • e.g. on Delete this recording from storage? it should be Keep, not Delete; pressing OK without pausing to double check shouldn't result in an irrevocable loss of anything.
  • When scanning forwards or backwards through a recording;
    • Opposite direction button initially slows, rather than immediately changes direction.
    • Able to skip by some number of minutes.
  • Ability to restore recently deleted recordings (well, mark recordings as "deleted" and then remove that mark before they have to be really deleted).
  • Consider which recordings have been watched by which profiles when choosing which ones to delete automatically.
  • List scheduled recordings (not just what's upcoming in the EPG - the things it's waiting to appear in the EPG).

I dunno if there's any avenue for customers to upvote features when versions are being scoped?

22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

The lack of responses to your post would suggest no one agrees with you. 360 is awful!

@Anonymous wrote:

The lack of responses to your post would suggest no one agrees with you. 360 is awful!

100% disagree with you.......

360 is a vast improvement over the dated  TiVo platform.

@Anonymous wrote:

Not true. I suspect many users, like me, are content with the 360 software and do not feel the need to shout about it.

In reply to DuncanCorps OP, it is blissfully simple to skip any number of minutes by pressing the voice control button and telling the 360 to do just that. I find that the voice command 'Skip Four Minutes' whizzes to the end of the ads on recordings of the terrestrial channels. Other channels might require an additional press of the right-hand direction button to get there. For me, this is one of the very best 360 features.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Daniel5722 wrote:

The lack of responses to your post would suggest no one agrees with you.

Or, that most customers who have a good experience with a product don't post to this forum.

This place (and the same is true for forums on other providers) will always skew to a 'I've got a question / problem and need help'

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

@Daniel5722 wrote:

The lack of responses to your post would suggest no one agrees with you.

Quite the opposite in fact. Any lack of responses reinforces my point.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DuncanCorps wrote:
  • When scanning forwards or backwards through a recording;
    • Opposite direction button initially slows, rather than immediately changes direction.

You can 'go around' on the FF / RW speed by continuing to press the same button e.g. four presses of FF goes to the fastest speed. Press it a fifth time and it'll go back to the slowest FF speed

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

jimboy56
Dialled in

Agree - it is pretty good, these are the things I'd like to see.

Manual recordings was a nice feature (record BBC1 9pm every day for 30 minutes) - sometimes series links record a bunch more than you want e.g. BBC News

I liked the auto record all shows with an actor/director feature on TiVo (can't remember what it was called)

The info on each show/movie is a bit limited, would be nice to link it to IMDB, I usually have IMDB open on another device to read reviews

A small gripe is it is too many button presses to get to 'Recordings' - it should be where TV guide is (there is a button on the remote for TV guide, so the menu option should be further away)

I'd like to also add:

• The live TV window which is shown when browsing the Guide should also show which channel (i.e. the channel number) you are currently viewing. I know it displays at the very top of the screen: 'Live TV' along with the program name but its not always obvious which channel Live TV actually is when you have browsed away from it!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Having browsed the Guide, press the Guide button and it returns you to the Live TV channel at the current time in the Guide.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks