cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go back to TiVo

davepeters772
Tuning in

I received an upgrade on my TV and new speech remotes but I hate the new format! I much prefer the TiVo function and its a pain when you record your shows as it mixes with the other tv boxes in the household. I just want to go back to what I had is there anyway we can go back to TiVo function? 

22 REPLIES 22

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So you've been migrated from TiVo/V6 > 360.

Sorry but no - this was a one-way migration and it doesn't come with an "undo" option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

There should be a way to back after all it’s only software…360 is shockingly crap 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@covkid69 wrote:

There should be a way to back after all it’s only software…360 is shockingly crap 

It’s only software, but the licence VM has to use it runs out in the foreseeable future. Horizon 4 (V360) is VMs parent company’s software & is being used in all their other cable operations.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Once virgin forces everyone onto this rubbish 360 software they are going to lose customers hand over fist...i'm off to sky as soon as is possible because 360 is not fit for purpose

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm sure that, by the time migrations to 360 are "encouraged" to some degree, the current shortcomings will have been dealt with.

Others may have some comments about 360 vs SkyQ, but my suspicion is that it could be a "frying pan & fire" comparison.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

SkyQ has had its problems & still has. I think both companies boxes were rushed out with glitches in the firmware, or updates not fully tested.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/What-the-hell-have-they-done-to-the-interface/td-p/3426345 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

all i want is something similar to how the v6 worked.....being able to record new only....being able to see what series links you have...better viewing of recorded/planned series and most of all programs recording when I want them to not when 360 thinks it should.....if that happens then all good but if not then i'm done with it oh and the box not recording stuff I've already watched...that happens a lot

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The last ‘bug’, re-recording repeats of programs you have already recorded, watched and deleted, has, in my opinion, been fixed.

I’m on 4.33 and now delete after watching and have had no incidences of re-recording of repeats.

I can't understand how the Horizon software can still be so far behind Tivo when there have been 4 major releases and what must be hundreds of interim releases. I understand that software is continually developing but the software appears to be a beta release!