cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Player app

jordanjohns
Joining in

Is anyone aware of any plans to add a Global Player radio app to Virgin TV 360?

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jordanjohns 

Nothing has been mentioned.

If VM do decide to carry that app then it will be announced on the https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/ page

Have you tried using the RadioLine app? It has far more content than the BBC Sounds app, including  Heart, Capital, Smooth, LBC, Classic FM, Gold etc

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jordanjohns wrote:

Is anyone aware of any plans to add a Global Player radio app to Virgin TV 360?

I think it unlikely. Global would have to develop an app specifically to run on Horizon firmware, as with all the other apps on the boxes. Radioline carries most existing UK radio stations.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jordanjohns,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

Unfortunately we don't have any plans to add the Global player app to our applications via the 360 box.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks all!

I don’t suppose there’s any update on this? I know we’ve seen more apps coming to the 360 box over recent months.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jordanjohns wrote:

Thanks all!

I don’t suppose there’s any update on this? I know we’ve seen more apps coming to the 360 box over recent months.

It’s no more likely than when you last posted. The Global player app does not appear on any providers media boxes. To do so would increase Global’s running costs considerably. As mentioned before, all the Global radio stations can already be accessed through the Radioline app, plus Heart, Capital & LBC can also be listened to via their broadcast streams by selecting Radio from the bottom of the home page on your box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Superstar

Liberty Media have very little interest in radio services at all and are unlikely to add any more being those provide to try and keep quiet the radio fans who lost the recording and EPG access which is on the V6.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, jordanjohns.

Thanks for the further posts, I'm afraid there are no updates since our last post above by Steven_L regarding Global Player being added to our App list on the 360 Box.

Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs