cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRRRRR

helenisaac
Tuning in

I recently installed the Virgin 360 box, which was all simple enough, but I have noticed that when I turn my television off (or even put it on standby), the 360 box turns off too and so nothing records at night. How can I sort this out please?

8 REPLIES 8

psychochief
On our wavelength

dont panic lol, the box goes in to standby mode and still records, same as before, its handy to turn them both off.

theres no need to use the tv remote, use the 360 one.

cheers.

the box turns off too, it doesn't go on standby.

sorry, and doesn't record.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can’t power down the TV 360 from the remote so it must be in Standby as shown by the LED being red.

What needs to change is a setting in the system settings menu called Standby power consumption which you should set to Fast start.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm not using the remote. I turn the tv off at the switch and the box light goes out completely, then when I turn the tv back on again, I get the welcome screen and I've already changed the setting to fast start

The box is definitely turning off and there is no light to indicate it is in standby.

Thank you for your comments, I have finally sussed out what the problem is and it's nothing to do with Virgin.

Sorry to waste everyone's time.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No waste of time... but for the benefit of others who may post on here looking for help with a similar problem... what was the fix?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dodgy plug socket behind the television 😩