cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fury Wilder advert on power on

neilyoung1
On our wavelength

Every time I turn my VirginTV 360 box on, I get pushed this static advert for the Fury Wilder Trilogy boxing match.  Is there a way to turn this off? I appreciate that I can just press the home button, but I don't want this advert (or any) when turning on my TV.  I'm not a boxing fan and find it quite intrusive.

7 REPLIES 7

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can’t turn it off and it’s not always about boxing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

But is always intrusive and something you never want 🙂

@Ernie_C wrote:

You can’t turn it off and it’s not always about boxing.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

I would have thought putting your standby timer setting into 24 hours would solve this problem as your box would always be on. Should you not mind it always being on that is....

You could change your standby timer in settings to 24 hours so that your box is always on.

Hey neilyoung1 

As Rufus57 says, or, just leave the box switched on, it won't do it any harm.

That way, no Ad's anytime.

😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

@Steve1701 wrote:

Hey neilyoung1 

As Rufus57 says, or, just leave the box switched on, it won't do it any harm.

That way, no Ad's anytime.

😊

….apart from unnecessary wear and tear on the hard drive which will continue to spin 24 hrs a day 7 days a week.

No thank you very much…… 

🤔

Hmm, dunno, the disk is spun magnetically, so no physical contact, the actuator arms are not in physical contact with the disks, which hardly move, apart from an approx 10° arc. It's a fact that 'spin up' causes more wear than constant use. 

Besides ... It's a 360 ... So I can't see 'wear n tear' being an issue ... Going off the sheer number of issues posted on this forum alone, the thing will be suffering from who-knows how many issues before anything has time to begin wearing out.

😂

Steve

Utrinque Paratus