cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

French TV

Sholly
Joining in

Hi does anyone know how to get French TV channels on Virgin Media?

eg TV5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Channel providers & broadcasters need to have a commercial agreement with Virgin Media in order to be carried. And as with all commercial arrangements, it takes two parties to want to make a deal.

For what it's worth, most of the foreign-language channels are in the 800s EPG positions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Channel providers & broadcasters need to have a commercial agreement with Virgin Media in order to be carried. And as with all commercial arrangements, it takes two parties to want to make a deal.

For what it's worth, most of the foreign-language channels are in the 800s EPG positions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

tavsy
Tuning in

Is it possible to add the TV5 app rather than rely on VM having it as a channel?

We have the 360 box

My understanding was that with TIVO it wasn't possible to have the app but would be with 360 - was I misinformed?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tavsy wrote:

My understanding was that with TIVO it wasn't possible to have the app but would be with 360 - was I misinformed?

For an app to be made available on any Virgin TV boxes, it needs to be written/adapted, and for the provider to have an agreement with Virgin Media.

That is true of both TiVo, V6 & TV360 boxes.

that explains it. Thanks japitts.
Disappointing though

Hi @tavsy

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of your disappointment on not being able to have access to the TV5 app on our set top boxes. I can see that japitts has kindly advised the reason why some apps are not available currently on our boxes. We always take on board the feedback we receive so we can collect the information and use it to learn more about the areas we need to improve and what our customers would like from us. We will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sholly wrote:

Hi does anyone know how to get French TV channels on Virgin Media?

eg TV5

You only have France 24 now. Go to channel 624 & then press the red button if you want the French version of the channel.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

There are YouTube channels such as TV5MONDE Info and franceinfo.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection