cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free upgrade to Virgin TV 360 but how?

Bachmann25
Tuning in

Hey 

So I have had the email for free upgrade and signed up had my official changes email but how do I even upgrade? It's not on my V6 box advertising it etc. I know you get sent a remote but how do I physically update the box then. 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Bachmann25,

You will be sent a new voice activated remote.  There will also be an app either placed on the Home Screen or in the all apps folder which you click on to start the process of changing your V6 to the new Horizon interface.  The blurb on screen when this process starts says it takes 20 minutes if I remember correctly, however it took about 5 minutes on my V6.

There should be instructions printed on the inside lid of the new remotes, but I've enclosed a screenshot of it below.

360 upgrade360 upgrade

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello Dave 

I don't have this option on my home screen or on my apps I am connected to internet and restarted my box it's been over a week since I opted for the upgrade 

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Bachmann25,

The "upgrade to Virgin TV360" app shouldn't appear until after you have received the new 360 remote.

It's possible that the despatch and delivery of the remote has been delayed due to it being a bank holiday weekend.

There was a message in My Virgin Media (at the top of the page) when the remote was despatched so I could keep an eye on the delivery. It was much use though as I received the remote before the VM system showed it had been sent out.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two to confirm if it's ben send out, or you could call 150 from a VM phone and speak to a Customer Service agent and they can check the systems.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Bachmann25,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your query here.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that the remote has been sent out and you have an upgrade scheduled on your account. Has your 360 remote control arrived yet?

Regards,

Steven_L

Bachmann25
Tuning in

I clicked if without having the new remote it asked if I had it yet so cancelled. But now my remote arrived etc and when click it states migration not available? 

Any tips

Bachmann25
Tuning in

Got my remote started the upgrade from screen and gotan error saying failed upgrade and that error code? What's going on! 

Thankss

Think that's the same error code I got when I tried to upgrade.  Had to call CS and they were able to remotely reboot/update the boxes.  Think they reckoned it was due to the account not being properly flagged for TV360 at their end.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed so - FYI I've combined all your posts into the same thread, better than having multiple threads for the same issue.

This is indeed often caused by your account still being setup on the TiVo-platform and your box trying to comm as a 360/Horizon box. Or potentially vice-versa,

The quickest solution is to call into faults to report it. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Padstow50
Tuning in

Once you receive the new controller you will see on the Home Screen,  left hand side a 360 upgrade message which you select as part of the upgrade process. BUT WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE INSTRUCTIONS WITH THE NEW CONTROLLER. Note that i’am not impressed with 360 & would suggest see it in action at friends house. As i regret changing