cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing 360Remote to Unpair From TV

Mingin
Joining in

Hello,

The IR receiver on my TV does not seem to be functioning properly as neither the tv remote, nor the 360 remote can change the volume (or any other function).

Is it possible to force the 360 remote to unpair from the TV and control volume through the 360 box rather than the TV?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 360 cannot control the volume, its not a feature

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The fact that your TV remote can’t operate the TV suggests that the issue lies with the TV, rather than the TV 360.

The TV 360 can’t control the volume of your TV, other than through being paired and issuing the same commands as your TV remote.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 360 cannot control the volume, its not a feature

I recall earlier Virgin Box models having a separate volume output to that of the TV but it appears that's no longer a feature on 360.  Thanks for your prompt replies, folks.

Hi @Mingin, thanks for your post and sorry that you're having issues with your volume.

As @Ernie_C and jb66 have mentioned, the TV360 doesn't have the functionality to control the volume on your TV separately, it simply just mirrors the TV's functions of doing so when you use the remote to do this.

If your TV remote isn't changing the volume, then it does appear the fault is with your TV I'm afraid!

I'm sorry I can't help further but if you've got any other queries on TV360, please don't hesitate to let me know and also you can check here too.

Regards

Tom_W