cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forces TV announce closure

RayW2
Dialled in

Forces TV will cease broadcasting within the UK on all platforms with effect from June 30th 2022.

https://www.forces.net/forces-tv

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no. No more CHiPS

You'll have to start making your own ...

DuncanCorps
Dialled in

Is this why I can no longer watch the programmes I recorded from it (Blake's 7; I still have a few episodes to watch)? If so, why? Surely if I was allowed to record something then I should still be allowed to watch it, even if the channel has gone away. Is this a bug in TV 360?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @DuncanCorps 

It's not a bug. Recordings are onlyn meantb to be for for time shift purposes.

Recordings from closed channels are usually retained for 6 months.

All series of Blakes 7 are available on Britbox (ITVX premium)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It might be related to the PIN requirement on Blake's 7; as it turns out, I can still watch programmes recorded from Smithsonian Channel, which also closed recently. If so, definitely seems like a bug that I can now only delete, not watch, the recordings.

Whoa. Seems like another way that TV 360 is deficient, compared to TiVo... So it's a deliberate design decision that even if a recording remains on the TV 360, we're not allowed to watch it once it's too old?

I would absolutely describe "wanting to watch something I recorded a few months ago" as "time shifting"... Hrm...

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 360 is no different to the the V6 or TiVo boxes in regards to recordings and channels that no longer broadcast 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi DuncanCorps,

I was told by one of the forum team that you can watch recordings 3 months after the channel stopped being available on Virgin, in my case it was 2 months when Fox went to Disney.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not at all.

The hidden metadata which allows recordings from removed channels to still work, is retained on the EPG for a period of time after the channel closes. This affects TV360 & TiVo/V6 customers equally.

Once a recording becomes inaccessible, then there is no purpose in keeping them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks