cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill series link functionality

Theneils
Tuning in

Hello

I had an email confirming my upgrade to 360, it said that there was no full serious link functionality - can anyone tell me what this means in more detail. I have a lot of series links and would completely forget about some shows if they weren't already recorded when a new series starts!

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV360 has series links, but fundamentally the platform is different to TiVo/V6 and there's no going back once you've asked to convert. Also the conversion process involves your V6 being completely reformatted so make a note of your existing series links in order to recreate them.

Can you post up a screenshot of this email? (With personal info blacked out)

As an example, TV360 series links are "sticky" between series (like TiVo) but can only be set once a programme is in the 14day EPG - unlike TiVo which lets you set it from a previous showing or OnDemand entry if necessary.

Take a read of this previous thread for some comparisons.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Here is the email20220607_212257_resized.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah yes, I recall others posting similar.

IIRC the extra TiVo functionality that's referring to, is the multi-channel SL (360 ones are only single channel) and possibly the ability to include VoD shortcuts in the "recordings"

The All-4 branded app has launched on 360 since that mail was written, but it's otherwise still accurate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

roy247
Community elder

I don't know what was meant in your email, you can't copy series links from V6 to 360, and you will lose any recordings you already have. I think 360 now has all the series links options except for across channels, if you set a series link it is for that channel only.

Also you can only set your series links when the series appears on the TV guide, so you need to make a note of your series links.

The 360 doesn't have the series link management option like the V6.

So I will have to watch out for new series starting before I can series link them? That isn't very helpful. What are the advantages of upgrading, maybe I would be better waiting a while?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Theneils wrote:

So I will have to watch out for new series starting before I can series link them?

That's correct, yes.

Fundamentally TV360 is different to TiVo/V6 with pros & cons both ways. Read the thread I linked to in my first reply for extensive discussion.

If you've asked to convert already, your choice is already made - I'm afraid the time to research the differences is before requesting the conversion, not after.

You need to look at it as starting up with a new box, you can only set a series link if the programme is on the TV guide, when the series has finished it will remember the series link for the next one unless you delete it, but unlike the V6 you can't manage your series links.

Thank you everyone - I should have asked before agreeing to it - I saw 'upgrade' so assumed it would be better - and I am sure it is for some!