cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Remote

Harlpop
On our wavelength

Hi 

I have a faulty remote , sometimes it decides not to work  or is slow  , your supposed to be able 

to point it in any direction. and it will change channel , which it has stopped doing , Ive tried new batteries , which doesn't make a difference 

Regards 

Mal 

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Harlpop 

Sometimes the remote appears to have stopped working and a simple shake of the remote gets it working again.

If the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start.

Your remote may need pairing again.

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote.

Then hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash. This should pair the remote again.

If that doesn't work then press Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Harlpop
On our wavelength

Morning  

Ive. tried all that and its still unresponsive  , its not a 360 remote , its a one I've had some time now 

roy247
Community elder

Hi Harlpop,

If it's not a 360 remote what remote is it, and do you have a 360 box ?

If its not a 360 remote how do you expect it to work.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Mal,

Please can you confirm which box, and which remote you have?

The following link should help https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello Harlpop

Sorry to hear of the remote control issues, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at your account it appears that a replacement remote has been ordered, looks like this was ordered online. Is this the case?

If so, let us know once you have it or if there are further problems.

Rob