cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast forward 360

LAR1955
Joining in

I was offered the 360 box upgrade and took it before reading any of these community answers, what a shame😬. Having said that, I’ve had loads of problems for the last 2 years when I was changed  to a V6 box on TIvo, so I was hopeful it would be better and not needing to be restarted so often after it suddenly switched itself off for no reason

I’ve only had 360 for a week now so I’m just getting used to the new remote, just about🙄 As a person of an older generation somethings take longer to work out than others, but I’m getting there😬 I’m not “tec savvy” and mainly watch recorded programs, often fast forwarding the adverts and boring bits😬 I like my football but can’t stand the commentary so watch the match’s “at speed”. I also like some game shows, that can drag on, so also watch them at speed (Tipping Point especially)  

So here’s my biggest “observation” (complaint) WHY, when fast forwarding, have you put a 3 inch dark boarder at the bottom of the screen, so you can’t see anything through it ( no scores, no results, no questions,nothing) and 4 dirty great big arrows in the middle of the screen so you can’t see the picture😡 This has totally ruined my viewing. I tried to watch one program and 15 minutes in I started to get vertigo.

Please tell me in your future upgrades you’re changing this fast forwarding system, this really is making me so annoyed that after 25 years of Virgin Media you’ve done this and called it an upgrade, so sad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi Lar1955,

If you press the TV button when fast forwarding the arrows and bar at the bottom of the screen will disappear.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Hi Lar1955,

If you press the TV button when fast forwarding the arrows and bar at the bottom of the screen will disappear.

Just tried again and I think it’s worked. Thank you Sooo much

roy247
Community elder

No problem. 👍

Hi Roy247

Ive tried this but, unlike LAR1955, I've had no success. What am I doing wrong?

roy247
Community elder

Hi Matt842,

If you are fast forwarding and have the Chevrons on screen then pressing the TV button below the red power button should turn them off. I am still on V5.03 so can't guarantee that it still works with V5.05 which is currently being rolled out but let's hope so.

Thanks Roy247. Works a treat. I was pressing the other tv button on the top left.

you’ve made an old man very happy 

roy247
Community elder

That TV button should turn your TV on and off.