cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to play recording error cs2200

amsquared
On our wavelength

I keep getting this error message on V360 box when trying to play recordings usually live sport from BT Sport/ESPN. 

If I power-down the box before trying to delete the faulty recording the recording disappears when the box is running again.

If I try to delete the recording I get another error stating that it can't be deleted try again later. 

If I power-down the box after the delete error the recording I was trying to delete disappears when the box is running again.

I wondered if this could be a hard disk problem or perhaps a conflict when the same programme is being broadcast on two channels.

Any thoughts

IMG_3649.jpegIMG_3648.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's your setup with master box/main-box? Any mini-boxes don't have hard drives and just stream from the main box - which does introduce additional variables.

Are you recording or watching on a mini-box or is this just a master box setup?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

amsquared
On our wavelength

Thanks Japitts

I only have the master box which is connected by ethernet cable to the Hub and TV by HDMI

- this has been happening for about 3 or 4 weeks. 

roy247
Community elder

Looking at the programme information as it doesn't state who the teams playing are I would say you set the recordings too early, speaking from experience the Virgin EPG controls your recordings even if you have seen somewhere that team A is going to play team B on say BT sport 1 untill the guide actually confirms those teams are playing you stand a good chance that the recording will fail. In the past any change to programme info i.e. programme title renamed from live premier league to Saturday night football (or something like that) same game same time and recording failed, although I do believe it has now got better as you do get failed recordings but the 360 reschedule's the correct recording.

amsquared
On our wavelength

Thanks roy247 - I have series recordings set for most of the Sky and BT Sport channels for football. The error has also happened where the teams are definitely shown - recent French Ligue 1 and Italian Serie A recordings have failed in the same way. I'll grab a screen shot the next time it fails. 

It sort of defeats the purpose of Series recordings if they are going to fail like you describe.

I must admit I don't set series links for the football, I prefer to set them as individual recordings, whether this is the best way of doing things I don't know, sometimes you get games scheduled on BT Sport ultimate and then closer to the date they disappear for some reason so you need to record on BT Sport 1 or 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi amsquared

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the recording issue. Can you do us a manual record for one of the games coming up and let us know if you're able to watch that?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

amsquared
On our wavelength

Thanks

I'll do that when the international break is over and we have football back on the BT sport channels

Regards