cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport sound issues

TouchingCloth
Up to speed

Watched 4k coverage of cyling at 12:30am this morning.  Terrible issues with sound quality of the commentary.  It now appears the commentary has been removed. Most other olympic cannels have zero sound or no commentary. Womens football currently has commentary but with dreadful break up.

I assume this is a eurosport issue, but no banners or announcements to say this.

I assume everyone has same issues. If not. I'm in all day, come and fix it. 

10 REPLIES 10

CalKlein
Dialled in

I have watched Eurosport 7 on Discovery+ and there is background noise, but the Eurosport 7 feed on my TV360 has no sound at all

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Eurosport 7HD (541) has sound on my V6. Quiet in places, but it's there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The 4K service only has 2.0 sound rather than the surround available on the HD channels.

Seems one step forward and two steps back.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On my 360 (version 4.33) Eurosport 5 has crackling on the women's football, but no problems with the other ES channels .

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

bwlblue
On our wavelength

This morning I was watching the football on Eurosport 5. The match between France and South Africa.

The picture was alright, but the commentary was for the Women Cycle Race, it then went to no sound and then just to the stadium sound, before returning to the Cycle Race and then reverting back to the stadium sound. Yesterday on this channel I didn’t get any sound while watching the football.

The info for France-South Africa match, said I was watching France vs South Korea.

It is an issue with Eurosport - lots of audio issues reported in lots of places (including Sky forums).

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @TouchingCloth.

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the issues with the Eurosport's channel.

We are aware of this issue, the IT team are currently working on this, we are hoping for this to be fixed asap.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ozsat wrote:

It is an issue with Eurosport - lots of audio issues reported in lots of places (including Sky forums).

Yep! I found several issues yesterday. The football has been beset with issues, crackly sound on one match & the Sweden match yesterday had both Swedish & English commentaries playing over each other. The problems are either with Eurosport’s networking or with OBS who are providing the feeds from Tokyo.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Unlike earlier this morning I'm not seeing any problems now with both audio and video playing well on channels 521, 522 and 523, although for some reason there is only still stereo on channel 523.

Edit: this is on my V6.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection