cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport ending

schrimy
Joining in

I renewed my contract only two days ago. At the time the sales person assured me that my package would remain the same, and that I would be able to access the Eurosport and BT sport's channels. S day later I find that Eurosport and I believe BT sport have been sold to a company called TNT. I have spent six hours on the 'Chat' waiting for someone to get back to me. My question is this. Will I still be able to watch the tour d France and the world superbikes, and Moto GP as I do now, when TNT take over? If not I shall have to go elsewhere. 

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@schrimy wrote:

What I want to know, in the simplest terms, is are the programmes that the sales person said would he available, are going to be available for the length of the contract ?

No-one can answer that, salesperson or otherwise. VM's legals allow for channel changes.

To take another example, BT Sport's contract for live Premiership Rugby currently lasts until the end of the 2023-24 season. No-one knows who will show games after that until Premiership Rugby announce a rights holder for 2024 onwards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_broadcasting_contracts_in_the_United_Kingdom is a fairly accurate view of sports rights holders. No-one can predict the future beyond the current contract terms.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks