cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport ending

schrimy
Joining in

I renewed my contract only two days ago. At the time the sales person assured me that my package would remain the same, and that I would be able to access the Eurosport and BT sport's channels. S day later I find that Eurosport and I believe BT sport have been sold to a company called TNT. I have spent six hours on the 'Chat' waiting for someone to get back to me. My question is this. Will I still be able to watch the tour d France and the world superbikes, and Moto GP as I do now, when TNT take over? If not I shall have to go elsewhere. 

10 REPLIES 10

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

According to press reports from the new owners nothing on the subscription side will change in the near future. The channels will remain packaged as they are now. BT Sport & Eurosport channels will be rebranded as TNT Sports, but there are no current plans to end the broadcast channels.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022/09/01/eurosport-uk-bt-sport-merger-completes/ 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. However that does not mean that Virgin will still be streaming the same programs. Is there any way to get in touch with them that actually works?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@schrimy wrote:

Thank you. However that does not mean that Virgin will still be streaming the same programs. Is there any way to get in touch with them that actually works?

What is there to question?

You have the channels now, & the broadcaster has said their current agreements with TV providers (Virgin, Sky, BT etc) will remain in place. No change in agreements means no change in channel packaging or pricing. The broadcaster still has the same rights to show the respective sports the channels they have bought will carry.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It depends on what TNT Sports will - or will not - be broadcasting as some sports, e.g. MotoGP, might revert to Sky Sports after the current deal with BT Sport expires in 2024.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thank you. How can you get in touch with VM about this. I've tried twice, three hours each time on the chat line. No one responds! 

You want someone in VM to tell you of the outcome of a carriage agreement which has not yet been done?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps it's worth looking at whose contracts are with whom..

Sports governing bodies have media rights agreements with broadcasters - Sky Sports, BT Sport, Eurosport & ViaPlay being the 4 main players in the UK

Those broadcasters have carriage agreements with pay-TV providers such as Virgin Media, who then package them into bundles according to the commercial agreements they have.

BT Sport & Eurosport have formed a UK JV, which is going to take the "TNT Sports" brand. VM-CS agents will have no further information on the potential changes to these contracts, than is in this forum thread.

What I want to know, in the simplest terms, is are the programmes that the sales person said would he available, are going to be available for the length of the contract ? The CJ VM jargon whatever is of no use to me. 

roy247
Community elder

Virgin can't guarantee what programmes any broadcaster will show they have a contract with the broadcaster to air their channels, the broadcast company are responsible for any contracts between themselves and MotoGP which is one you mentioned, if that contract is due to expire say at the end of this season and MotoGP negotiate a better contact with someone else then it will be shown on that channel.