cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport/BT Sport re branding.

Donfor40
Superfast

Is there any info from Eurosport/BT Sport re branding..

TNT Sports during '23.

24 REPLIES 24

I think this warrants a little more information in regards to the recent news with Warner Bros Discovery+ buy out

I am also a little curious of what impact this will have on the channels I paid extra for within my package.

If I were to lose any of the BT sports channels I would not be a happy bunny at all. 

Would essentially mean the end for all my BSB, WSB and MotoGP etc

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This announcement, as explained in previous posts, is just a marketing one.

When VM's existing carriage agreements with BT Sport & WBD come up for renewal, then there may be changes. Or there may not be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

There needs to be a clear, unambiguous statement issued by Virgin Media in this regard as to what the means for current subscribers to BT Sport channels. The only reason I have BT Sport in my TV package is MotoGP and I don't want to have to stump up more money to continue watching it via a streaming service. If there are no plans to change anything before broadcasting contracts are up for review then please clearly articulate this, and advise when the changes will actually come and what these will mean for your customers. At the moment BT Sport show every lap of every session of MotoGP which I record for later viewing for non-European races - if these are now going to be streamed, can the stream be recorded or watched at a later date? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I doubt anyone knows the level of detail you're asking for there.

VM have carriage agreements with the broadcasters to provide those channels on VM's TV platform. Those will be valid until the expiry date, and will need renewing before then.

The broadcasters have media rights agreements with the sports governing bodies, and I suspect those include the formats - in other words, linear broadcast rights, online streaming rights etc. Again - there's no reason for those to change until they're renewed, but are nothing to do with Virgin Media.

Your question isn't really a VM-specific one, so much as a media-rights discussion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi All, 

Earlier this year, BT announced that they're making another important move with Warner Bros. Discovery to bring together the best of BT Sport and Eurosport under one roof. TNT Sports is the new name that will replace BT Sport from July 2023.

This new brand will be brought to life for the first time later this year shortly before the start of the 2023/2024 football season. Until then, fans will continue to enjoy BT Sport as they do today.

Nothing is going to change for Virgin Media customers other than the channel names, for example BT Sport 1 HD will become TNT Sports 1 HD. You'll be able to continue to enjoy all the sport you love as normal.

Mod Team

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Info below from /techadvisor 

BT Sport will turn into TNT Sports on July 18, 2023.

BT also told us that Virgin Media includes (and will continue to include) Eurosport and TNT Sports linear channels in its TV packages

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Eurosport is not rebranding until after the Paris Summer Olympics 

From this summer, TNT Sports will be avaliable alongside Eurosport on Discovery+ with their current linear channels staying on Virgin TV 

JDS12345
Joining in

Would we get access via app or just via tv channels. Fairly new to VirginMedia and disappointed could not access the BTSport app and only get the tv channels. With Plusnet and BT Sport subscription(which is unavailable on Plusnet after July 5th) I could access BTsport via the BTSport app

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JDS12345 

You can access the BT Sport's channels on VM's TVGo app

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali