cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport/BT Sport re branding.

Donfor40
Superfast

Is there any info from Eurosport/BT Sport re branding..

TNT Sports during '23.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is just a rebrand.

From the press releases yesterday, the channel setup & the pricing regime will not change.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What sort of information are you after?

Yesterday it was announced that the BT Sport & Eurosport branding would be replaced with TNT Sport.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I'm trying to read minds here but maybe the OP was wondering, as am I, if TNT Sport will be included in the Bigger bundle as is currently the case with BT Sport.

Given that they survived the last rebranding (when they dropped the ESPN tag) I would assume they wold remain as is ..?

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/bt-sport-rebranding-tnt-sports-subscribers-2163647

--

RayW2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is just a rebrand.

From the press releases yesterday, the channel setup & the pricing regime will not change.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

thanks everyone.
Immediate thoughts are Giro d' Italia and Tour d France cycling from Eurosport.
That bigger bundle could be a point as I no longer have need for Sky Sports/Movies.
Yet I continue to enjoy Eurosport, does this mean the TNT combined channels become chargeable.

I re checked my tv is Maxit, which is great.

VM has carriage agreements with BT Sport and Eurosport, so I expect that nothing will change (except for some channel changes next year) until there is a new agreement with TNT Sport which I think will happen in time for football and other sports broadcasts from 2025 onwards.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's also the argument of where TNT position the combined brand in the pay-TV sports market.

BT Sport is a premium channel suite, alongside Sky Sports & Viaplay Sports

Eurosport isn't quite the same, and their channels appear in subscription packs alongside others.