cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet cable damaged.

spurdog
Tuning in

Hi.

I had the TV360 installed yesterday and at the time of installation the engineer could not get the ethernet connection to the router to work, so we settled on using WiFi.

I have since discovered that the cable itself is damaged and requires replacing however this entails replacing the small junction/splitter with all the wires attached.  Trying to find who I speak to rectify thisis proving problematic.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

John

22 REPLIES 22

This will add cost to the hub for no benefit as an Ethernet port was never envisaged at the time and will not be required until VM switches to XGS-PON.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

The splitter ethernet cable this is exactly the same as I got supplied in Virgin self install kit it's pure junk

When I had TV problem the engineer said the ethernet cable is damaged throw the junk in the bin he maid up proper coax cable with splitter technetix 2 way splitter and gave me 2 cat 6 ethernet cables you can use your own ethernet cables which will work

He said self in stall is rubish if you pay for engineer install I do the cables properly

Hi @spurdog

It'll need to be a tech visit in this case. I'll send you a PM now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill