cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error cs2004

dobbollah
Tuning in

I get this error code on some, but not all channels....I also get a fuzzy picture which sometimes triggers the error

The guide says check connections which all look fine.

If it was a dodgy connection it would effect all channels surely...?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Signal fault then, almost certainly.

You can try rebooting the box if you haven't already, but otherwise there's an underlying fault here that VM will need to rectify. It can't be done remotely, it'll need either a tech visit or replacement box.

Check using 0800 5610061 first, that there's no known area faults, but I doubt it. If nothing's reported, assume this fault is only affecting you - and you'll need to report it. There's 2 ways...

1: Call in. 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the options for "I have a fault"

2: Wait here for staff to pickup the post - that may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi dobbollah,

I've moved your post to the 360 forum as the V6 doesn't show that error number.

You've done the right thing in checking all the connections as per the help guide.

If the connections are all snug and tight with no kinks then it will either be a box or signal error.

I'm inclined to lean towards a signal error.

The VM channels are carried in groups/clusters like the muxes on freeview and don't bear any relevance to their place in the EPG.

If a mux has a problem with the signal then you will see those fuzzy/pixilated pictures for all channels on that mux.

Could you name some of the specific channels affected, and if they are SD or HD?

We can then check the muxes to see if they have any in common. That should help diagnose if you need a replacement box or tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

E4hd was one that springs to mind, uk gold was another....I'm not home right now but can build a list...

I know the sports channels were all ok

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's not worth spending hours doing it, it's just to get an idea more than anything. Although just to illustrate the point, "the sports channels" could mean Eurosport (HD only), BT Sport (HD only), Premier Sports, or any of the Sky Sports channels.

To take E4-HD as an example, check any of the following channels that you have access to which are on the same broadcast TX:

Eurosport 1 HD, Discovery HD, Freesport HD, MTV-Live HD, Crime & Inv HD, Sky History HD & Sky Witness HD

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

All of the channels you listed give that error.

Itv +1 at the moment doesn't give the error but there is pixellation.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Signal fault then, almost certainly.

You can try rebooting the box if you haven't already, but otherwise there's an underlying fault here that VM will need to rectify. It can't be done remotely, it'll need either a tech visit or replacement box.

Check using 0800 5610061 first, that there's no known area faults, but I doubt it. If nothing's reported, assume this fault is only affecting you - and you'll need to report it. There's 2 ways...

1: Call in. 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the options for "I have a fault"

2: Wait here for staff to pickup the post - that may take a couple of days.

90% of channels are unwatchable so whatever up its got worse....

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, dobbollah

Sorry to hear that you have been having service issues. Our records show that you have since been in touch with our phone care teams to have this sorted, but let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

I’ve just received this error tonight whilst watching BBC One HD. 

Switched channels to a different one but was getting this on all channels. It only happened twice and only lasted literally a few seconds each time. 

Possibly virgin tinkering somewhere, I have seen the error and then everything is ok.