cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error codes

Lindajane59
On our wavelength

Since getting the V360 a couple of months ago I get constant error codes, almost every night, usually CS230 but I've had others too.  Normally about my WiFi connection tions or bandwidth.  Connections are fine on diagnostics and my bandwidth was charged recently and was perfect according to the engineer.  I often can't watch recordings etc., and there are times I can't  return to live tv, use the voice control or even turn the box off, everything just stops working.  I keep having to reset, just had to do it again tonight.

It's driving me mad, I had the V6 for years and barely a problem with it. 

26 REPLIES 26

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure the error code is C230 as that is a V6 TiVo error, not a TV 360 error code, which usually start CS?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry, yes its CS

Just fine it again, this time CS3400, content unavailable.

So annoying

And now CS3300 service temporarily unavailable. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lindajane59 

Can you check here just to confirm which TV box you have? The V6 & 360, whilst fundamentally the same in "operational concept", run totally different software and so the advice will differ. Do you have 1 box or 2? Some of your comments seem to suggest you're trying to stream recordings between boxes.

Can you also confirm how (specifically) you're checking your connection diagnostics?

Last thing - both boxes connect via your homehub to the internet, which can be either wired or wireless. I'm presuming yours are wireless, but again - can you confirm?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It's a 360, I just got the code wrong i think it was actually CS2300, but tonight I've had the other two I mentioned.  I have two boxes but one not in use at the moment so not streaming between them.

And yes, wireless.

It's pretty much every night so getting pretty fed up with it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The box doesn't sound well! Apologies for mis-reading your post first, hence the subsequent edit.

You've alluded to problems with recordings, but not mentioned live TV issues. Can you try pausing live TV for a short time and then resume it - that's also effectively a recording. Does that work?

How is it that you're checking the connection diagnostics? Is that using the settings menu, or another method?

No worries, appreciate you responding. No problems pausing live tv. It seems to record no problem and I can watch recordings when I dont have these issues.

The box is new, it was replaced as I was having issues with my old v6 system.  I only had it a couple of weeks before I moved to 360.

Yes just checking via settings

Hi Lindajane59

Thanks for posting,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the TV box.

From checking the system it seems both boxes are currently off, is this the case? If so, could you pop them on for me so we can run some checks? 

I will also send you a PM as I've noticed some billing issues on the account so we can discuss this privately

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I've turned them on.