cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code CS6031

Smit1978
Tuning in

When I try to record or watch a recorded program my TV 360 says that it can't find the hard drive. I have tried factory reset but it still does not work. It is the second box in the house but it has worked to record before. Any suggestions other than get on hold to customer services?

18 REPLIES 18

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Smit1978 wrote:

I have tried all that. 1 box works fine. 1 box gives the error and it cant record or watch recorded items even tho they show. It pauses live tv but only rewinds about 4 minutes

Let's explain some basics here. You have 2 boxes - a TV360 master (let's call that box-1) and a TV360-mini (box-2)

Only the master has a hard drive to provide recording and live pause functionality. The mini doesn't have a hard drive, and apart from a live TV feed, everything is streamed from the master. The 4minute pause is non-HDD based hence the limitation.

So.. with that in mind... which box is the one that "gives the error and it cant record or watch recorded items even tho they show"? The master or the mini? And if it's the mini, can you do the same from the master directly?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I wasn't aware that I had a mini box they are both the same box and the functionality was exactly the same up until recently. Now 1 of the boxes doesn't record or allow me to watch recorded programmes but still allows streaming

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a photo of the master & mini-box here.. the mini is half the height of the master due to not having a hard drive...

Your reference to the 4minute pause, as @Ernie_C has mentioned already, suggests a mini-box with the limited pause. Are you saying both of your boxes are as per the picture on the left?

1629411602364.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sorry I thought they were both the same but you are right I have a mini - it's hidden behind the TV. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So.. with that in mind... which box is the one that "gives the error and it cant record or watch recorded items even tho they show"? The master or the mini? And if it's the mini, can you do the same from the master directly?

So it's the mini that isn't working as it did. The master works fine when I try the same on that. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Smit1978 

You should follow the advice given by @roy247 in post 5 "make sure the main box is set to fast start or active start."

If the main box isn't set on either of those two settings (Settings > System > Standby power consumption) then the mni box can't connect to it to either play back a recording or to set a new recording.

Mine is always set to Fast start so both boxes can connect quickly. If the main box is set to Active start then it can take a minute or so befoe the two boxes connect to each other, and eco start can take around 2 minutes.

Also note that your main box does need to be plugged in and either in standby or in use. If it's turned ofo then the mini can't connect.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I checked all of that and it set to active start. Like I say I haven't changed anything and it has stopped working. 

I know you said you have tried a factory reset was this both boxes or just the one, if it's possible can you connect the mini box to your hub using a ethernet cable. Just to rule something else out are you using your own router with the Virgin hub in modem mode.