cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code CS6031 - Unable to find hard drive

gerryd72
On our wavelength

Hi all,

I had an engineer visit today to install a second box in an extension. The second box is a Virgin 360 box. 

The original box is still in situ in another part of the house. The engineer told me that the new box will be able to record to the original Tivo box and also play recordings from that box. 

The engineer changed my router and the original box is connected to this via ethernet.

Because the new 360 box is so far away from the router it is connected to internet using an extender (TP Link plug)  which is connected to the 360 box also using ethernet cable. 

The new box works fine in terms of watching TV, using Netfix, YouTube etc. but when I try and view recordings on the new box, or try and record using the new box, I get the CS6031 error message. 

I didn't try this function when the engineer was still at my house so I have no idea if it actually worked before he left. 

Any ideas what the issue may be?

19 REPLIES 19

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Staff should respond on here - normally it can take a couple of days but I've used a VIP "magic wand" to expedite that. It will likely be tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gerryd72
On our wavelength

Brilliant. Thanks for this. I'll look out for it. 

Morning Gerry,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, really sorry to see you have been installed with a 360 as a 2nd box instead of a V6, I will be more than happy to get this fixed and if preferred I suggest we swap the 360 for a 2nd V6, so I can get this organised I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send an invite shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @gerryd72 

This mix up over boxes is actually beneficial to you in a way.

As you are now aware, the two different types of boxes don't communicate with each other and should never have been set up together.

On the plus side it has given you the opportunity to compare both platforms side by side, which means you actually get to see some of the differences between the two platforms, and will be able to judge whether you do wnat to regrade to a 360 set up at a later date. 

I would for now accept another V6 as the second box because going forward if you did switch to the 360 platform you would retain the recording functions on both boxes.

Have a good playaround with the 360 before it's swapped back out for a V6. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yep, my preference at the moment is the V6 box but that may be down to experience. I have used one for 2 years so I am used to it. 

Thanks to everyone on here. Really good feedback and advice. 

Hi @gerryd72

Please keep us updated when you hear back from the team to fix this issue. If you have not heard back within this 48hr window, please let us know and we'll escalate as advised. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

gerryd72
On our wavelength

Morning Carley,

I have not received any word from Virgin on this issue and it was first raised on Saturday meaning the 48 hour window has passed. Any chance you can look into this?

Thanks.

Hi Gerry, sincerest apologies that you haven't heard back regarding this, I have contacted Paul_Dn internally to see if we can get the ball rolling. 
I just wanted to check something with you - when you were advised of the upgrade from your V6 to 360, were you sent a new remote and advised of a software upgrade to be installed? 

All the best. 

Molly

gerryd72
On our wavelength

Hi Molly,

There seems to be some confusion. Firstly, I have an engineer coming out this afternoon to rectify the issue. Thankfully.

Secondly, this isn’t an upgrade. I received an additional box as part of my new contract. It wasn’t an upgrade. The issue with the second box is that it isn’t compatible with the original V6 box that I still have. The 360 box will likely be replaced today with another V6 box. 

gerryd72
On our wavelength

This has now been resolved. Engineer replaced the 360 box with a V6 box. All good.