cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code CS2004

Jeff0901
Joining in

Hi folks,

I had to contact Customer services last week to order another  new remote control for my additional box, as I only received one initially. I have still not received the new remote. I had not upgraded to TV 360 at that point due to only having one remote. When I got home in the evening, I discovered that both my boxes needed to be upgraded, obviously initiated by the agent. Since the upgrade, I am getting a CS 2004 error code on around 15 channels:

Dave hd, Sky Crime, More 4 Hhd, TLC hd, Quest hd, Eden hd, Wild hd, Sky Cinema Family hd, Sky Cinema Comedy hd, Sky Sports Cricket hd, Sky sports Arena hd, Eurosport 2 hd, Bloomberg hd 

All of the above channels show the error code and wont play, or show the code and  then pixelate.

I have tried resetting the box, checked all connections etc, but no joy.

Can anyone shed any light on this from me please.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jeff0901 wrote:

All of the above channels show the error code and wont play, or show the code and  then pixelate.

This is a classic symptom of a signal issue. If only one of your 2 boxes is affected, try swapping your 2 boxes around - see if the fault follows the box move or remains with the co-ax connection point.

That way, after you've called to report your service problem (or waited here for staff to pickup), they're ahead of the game in knowing whether your cabling has a fault or the individual TV box does.

If a box reboot fails to clear pixellation issues, then you will need a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

Hi Jeff0901,

If this is on both boxes the you will need to call Virgin on 150 on a Virgin phone mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

You also need to get your second remote if you haven't received it yet as they only pair to one box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jeff0901 wrote:

This is a classic symptom of a signal issue. If only one of your 2 boxes is affected, try swapping your 2 boxes around - see if the fault follows the box move or remains with the co-ax connection point.

That way, after you've called to report your service problem (or waited here for staff to pickup), they're ahead of the game in knowing whether your cabling has a fault or the individual TV box does.

If a box reboot fails to clear pixellation issues, then you will need a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for taking the time to reply Japitts

thanks roy247, I will check if it the same on both boxes tonight. if so I will call tomorrow. As for the 2nd remote, I ordered this over a week ago, still not arrived. Daughter not happy as we have to pair regularly, so she can watch the kardashians 😂

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If both boxes are affected and restarts don't fix, it would tend towards an external fault. 0800 5610061 will report known issues, but in the (likely) event nothing is reported, the fault could be on your individual cable/connections from streetcab.

A VM tech visit is the next step in any case.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jeff0901 wrote:

Daughter not happy as we have to pair regularly, so she can watch the kardashians 😂

Hi @Jeff0901 

You can download and use the TVGo app as a temporary remote, available for both ios and android devices

You may also be able to pair your TV smart remote with the 360. It may detect Virgin automatically but you may have to search for Ziggo instead

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Jeff0901

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with some of the channel at this time. I can see that you have already been in touch with us and looks to be getting resolved for you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carly, apologies for the delay in thanking you for your response. 

Still having issues with pixilation on certain channels : 

125 Dave HD, 127 sky crime, 147 more 4 hd, 167 TLC hd, 169 quest hd, 406 sky cinema, 408 sky cinema comedy, 504 sky sports to name but a few.

I have tried rebooting the box etc, but has not resolved the issue. This is only happening on one of my 2 boxes. Grateful if you could advise the best way to  resolve this.

Many thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jeff0901 wrote:

This is only happening on one of my 2 boxes. Grateful if you could advise the best way to  resolve this

As per post#3 above, if only one of your 2 boxes is affected, please try swapping the boxes around - see if the fault follows the box move or remains with the co-ax connection point.