cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code CS2004 New Box

Chrisdwyer4
Just joined

We have received our 360 box today and the call centre just couldn’t help. Basically it is running over WIFi and is not plugged into the Virgin Wall socket as the box and TV are in a completely different room. The only cables plugged into the box are the power cable and the HDMI cable to the TV. We have connected the box via WIFI with very good signal and we have no channels, just an error CS2004. 

can anyone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yep, that one's easy. Virgin Media is a cable TV operator, and the co-ax cable is what supplies the live TV channels.

All VM TV boxes need 2 connections... the WiFi or Ethernet to your homehub only supports the various internet-based functions, namely OnDemand & various updates. The Ethernet cable for live TV is still a requirement.

If you don't have a co-ax cable connection in the location you want to use your TV360 box, you'll need a manned engineer installation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yep, that one's easy. Virgin Media is a cable TV operator, and the co-ax cable is what supplies the live TV channels.

All VM TV boxes need 2 connections... the WiFi or Ethernet to your homehub only supports the various internet-based functions, namely OnDemand & various updates. The Ethernet cable for live TV is still a requirement.

If you don't have a co-ax cable connection in the location you want to use your TV360 box, you'll need a manned engineer installation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just replying to clarify one error in my previous post...

All VM TV boxes need 2 connections... the WiFi or Ethernet to your homehub only supports the various internet-based functions, namely OnDemand & various updates. The co-ax cable for live TV is still a requirement.