cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code CS5600

cc1970
On our wavelength

Hi

Switched on my 360 box today and 3 times the fault code CS5600 pops up.  Can't find any info on what this code is or what it means.  

Checked the service status for my area and all seems OK.

virgin box error code.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

The links probably won't help, if you are still getting the error message try a reboot by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug if you haven't already.

What version software is the box running, you can check by pressing Home, Settings and Info, you will see What's new in version 4.4X.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cc1970 

Does this occur on channels or recordings?

Does this occur on all channels?

If it's recordings, is it all recordings, or just recordings from one particular channel? If it's just one channel which one is it please?

According to https://www.upc.ch/error-codes/cs5600/  (that's LG VM's owners Dutch site with the 360 box) it's a recording playback error and they advise

Try to play another channel and check if the problem also exists with other channels.

If the problem only occurs when playing one channel, try playing the channel again later.

It is possible that the error has been caused by a temporary service interruption. In this case we kindly ask for your patience, we are working on solving the problem.
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Like that error code link Dave, here one from Ziggo's website.

https://www.ziggo.nl/klantenservice/televisie-radio/foutcodes/foutcode-cs5600

roy247
Community elder

Also just found this as part of the 4.46 update,

https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/Ziggo-Updates/De-Ziggo-Next-Mini-alles-over-de-laatste-software-update...

that link is for their mini box, this one is for the mediabox next, it looks the same info, same bug,

https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/Ziggo-Updates/Alles-over-de-Ziggo-software-update-4-46-van-de-Mediabox...

Bug fixes

• Some improvements to avoid error code CS3300
  • When deleting a recording in progress, you could get error code CS5600

cc1970
On our wavelength

Hi all 

Thanks for the replies still to read the links that were provided but to answer your question  that the error code  was there when I turned it on this am and no matter what channel its on.

As a previous reply said it is an LG tv but why is the error code not listed in the error code section.

regards

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

The links probably won't help, if you are still getting the error message try a reboot by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug if you haven't already.

What version software is the box running, you can check by pressing Home, Settings and Info, you will see What's new in version 4.4X.

cc1970
On our wavelength

Hi

The message popped up about 6 times this afternoon but this evening the message has gone.  I don't know how or why so hopefully sorted but just to try just in case I will reboot the box in the morning.

Thanks for all the help 

Suprised this error code is not listed on the error code checking site.

Thanks

rfwilmut
On our wavelength

I got the same thing last night (Tuesday). Having watched the recording of 'Cold War' (not quite to the end) I tried to delete it and got the same error. I could no longer play the recording. However live TV was OK and I could play another recording.

This morning the recording of 'Cold War' was gone. Does deleting a recording involve some action at the Virgin server end, meaning it was a fault there? I shall be watching something tonight and hopefully the same thing won't happen.

rfwilmut
On our wavelength
And tonight, (Wednesday), no problems.

Good Morning @rfwilmut, thanks for posting on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear you've also been effected by this issue, can you confirm if this has since re-emerged or if your TV service has since run as expected?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn