cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code CS2217

Graham2
Tuning in

I have TV 360 Box and TV 360 Mini Box. These are connected as per the installation instructions using Ethernet Cables. Everything works except the ability to play recorded programmes through the TV 360 Mini Box - error code CS2217 is received. I’ve phoned virgin, and received some waffle about monitoring network for 24 hours and then phone back.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Graham2 

Although I don't thinks so, the agents may be right regarding local issues.

You can check them by clicking on Check service status furhter up this page. If nothing is showing  you could also try the  automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

It's also possible that this error is occuring due to the box settings.

Your main box needs to be on  for the mini box to connect  to it to play the recordings.

Go to Home > Settings > System > Standby Power Consumption.  If it's on Eco (slow start) change it to either Fast Start or Active Start

You could also try factory resettying the main box

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

HiDave

Tried your suggestions, no local faults, reset both 360 units, still same error message. Phoning virgin again.

Graham

Hi Graham2,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with watching your recordings. This can sometimes happen for a few different reasons. 

The first thing to check is that your 360 box is in Fast start or Active mode instead of Eco mode. If this is already the case, make sure the app you're using and the OS of your device is fully up to date. 

Once you've done these checks, can you have a look at the CPE IP address on the app? We need to check if this displays a valid IP address show up or if it show's up as unknown? To check this, click on your profile icon at the top > Settings > Diagnostics > CPE IP. 

If it's showing as unknown, then click the icon next to the search bar in the top right corner and disconnect from your 360 box and reconnect. This is a workaround that our VIP user Ernie has let us know of and it should refresh things and allow an IP to be registered. Hopefully you will then be able to watch the recordings without any issues. 

Please pop back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

it’s my mini 360 box that is not able to play recordings from the main box which can play recordings.

I’ve done everything and gone to System > Diagnostics >  which shows that the IPv6 address and IPv6 Gateway as not available.

Graham

Hi Graham2

Thanks for coming back to the thread. 

I have done a system check and can see you've booked in a tech visit, please let us know how the visit goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS

A technician called yesterday, but was unable to correct the error, admitted that he hadn’t come across this problem before. He was very helpful and is going to escalate the problem to “ Bench Staff” and that Virgin should be in touch with me to arrange another visit by the end of the week. He left me his number in case no one contacts me.

kind regards

Graham